One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clinical measurements, specifically pulse rate, temperature, respiration rate, and blood pressure, that indicate the state of a patient's essential body functions.
- ‘Observation of vital signs may give the nurse the first clue to the cause of the patient's delirium.’
- ‘Delve a little further into Essendon's vital signs and more specific problems are revealed.’
- ‘Historically, vital signs were used to determine the level of sedation in critically ill patients.’
- ‘On examination she was pale, but vital signs were normal.’
- ‘Her glasses and dinner were on the bed tray which was moved by the nurse when vital signs were taken.’
- ‘Soft fabric sensors could monitor vital signs such as body temperature, pulse and breath rate.’
- ‘Inappropriate interventions, including blood tests and measurement of vital signs, should be discontinued.’
- ‘She hurried over to Max, and knelt beside him, checking his pulse and other vital signs for life.’
- ‘The nurse records the patient's vital signs and level of consciousness every 10 minutes.’
- ‘Your vital signs are body temperature, blood pressure and heart and respiration rates.’
- ‘The system allows them to transmit patients' vital signs from an ambulance to hospital so staff could make lifesaving decisions.’
- ‘They may perform a physical exam and check your vital signs - blood pressure and pulse.’
- ‘The remainder of the physical examination was unremarkable with all vital signs being normal.’
- ‘His vital signs, including heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature, were normal.’
- ‘His trip to hospital for a medical checkup showed that all vital signs were normal.’
- ‘It is now a proven fact that high mental stress can affect certain vital signs, such as your blood pressure and your resting heart rate.’
- ‘On examination, the patient's vital signs were stable and he showed no signs of jaundice.’
- ‘It is these changes in vital signs and body functions that constitute the symptoms and signs of disease.’
- ‘A schedule for monitoring of vital signs before and during the transfusion was also recommended.’
- ‘The patient denies having pain or symptoms, and his vital signs are stable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.