Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] Relating to or denoting the coordination of movement and visual perception by the brain.
- ‘For instance, motor actions may require assessing the size and shape of the objects with which one intends to interact, for which no visuomotor program has been previously established.’
- ‘A smaller group of aerospace workers reportedly performed significantly worse in areas of motor and visuomotor speed, and marginally so in areas of attention and memory.’
- ‘These findings suggest the existence of two distinct modes of visuomotor control, one activated for visually guided movements and the other for delayed actions.’
- ‘At the heart of this behavioral decision making process are elementary visuomotor pathways that have evolved to rapidly redirect behavior in response to a threat.’
- ‘Long-term sequelae include impairment of auditory attention, visual memory, visuomotor speed, sequencing, and problem solving, motor steadiness, reaction time, and dexterity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.