attributive Relating to or denoting the coordination of movement and visual perception by the brain.
- ‘For instance, motor actions may require assessing the size and shape of the objects with which one intends to interact, for which no visuomotor program has been previously established.’
- ‘Long-term sequelae include impairment of auditory attention, visual memory, visuomotor speed, sequencing, and problem solving, motor steadiness, reaction time, and dexterity.’
- ‘A smaller group of aerospace workers reportedly performed significantly worse in areas of motor and visuomotor speed, and marginally so in areas of attention and memory.’
- ‘At the heart of this behavioral decision making process are elementary visuomotor pathways that have evolved to rapidly redirect behavior in response to a threat.’
- ‘These findings suggest the existence of two distinct modes of visuomotor control, one activated for visually guided movements and the other for delayed actions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.