One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The representation of an object, situation, or set of information as a chart or other image.‘video systems allow visualization of the entire gastrointestinal tract’
- ‘Custom Framer is a framing visualization and reporting package, allowing customers to see framing orders on-screen in a frame shop or online.’
- ‘Effects visualisation is represented in the thing as a great labour; labour in the sense not only of work and a workforce but of painful, agonising struggle.’
- ‘Described as an artist who is a believer in the subversive power of the image, his critical relation to visualisation is expressed in paintings, films, television and multi-media formats that have earned him international acclaim.’
- ‘Using ArchiCAD as a design and visualization tool, entrants were challenged to create virtual representations of these imaginary places.’
- ‘The live performances, however, experimented with different modes of visualisation, including using Sey's 10-minute video work Sex Times Technology Equals the Future.’
- 1.1 A chart or other image that is created as a visual representation of an object, situation, or set of information.‘3D visualizations for architectural design’
- ‘She chooses a digital visualisation of a black rainbow made from daylight fireworks by a Chinese artist.’
- ‘These visualizations show how heat follows the path of least resistance, through conductive materials like aluminum window frames or concrete structural slabs.’
- ‘One of the most touching is a visualization of bipolar disorder as a tree trunk.’
- ‘Unlike the models and visualisations, these drawings are a trace of the collaboration that produced the architecture.’
- ‘The point is not a celebration of military or political triumph, but rather a visualization of the human quest for spiritual lightness, for a transcendent peace.’
2The formation of a mental image of something.‘the story uses descriptive language to aid visualization’‘visualization is a helpful technique for relieving stress’count noun ‘a powerful visualization of a future dystopia’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.