One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the cerebral cortex that receives and processes sensory nerve impulses from the eyes.
- ‘In the lateral geniculate nucleus, as in the visual cortex, the neurons are arranged in layers.’
- ‘The occipital cortex - the visual cortex at the back of the head - gets excitatory input and begins to fire excessively.’
- ‘The researchers monitored 21 nerve cells in the visual cortex of four cats.’
- ‘There is a posterior region of the cerebral cortex in monkeys and humans in front of the visual cortex that is critical for sensory-motor integration.’
- ‘Look at the optic nerve that connects the retina of your eye to the visual cortex of your brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.