One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the cerebral cortex that receives and processes sensory nerve impulses from the eyes.
- ‘The researchers monitored 21 nerve cells in the visual cortex of four cats.’
- ‘In the lateral geniculate nucleus, as in the visual cortex, the neurons are arranged in layers.’
- ‘The occipital cortex - the visual cortex at the back of the head - gets excitatory input and begins to fire excessively.’
- ‘Look at the optic nerve that connects the retina of your eye to the visual cortex of your brain.’
- ‘There is a posterior region of the cerebral cortex in monkeys and humans in front of the visual cortex that is critical for sensory-motor integration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.