One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The angle formed at the eye by rays from the extremities of an object viewed.
- ‘Presentation of stimuli subtended approximately four degrees of visual angle.’
- ‘Persons with schizophrenia showed similar filtering ability as typical persons, with distracters at two different visual angles from targets.’
- ‘The same holds true whether the visual angle formed with it is a sextile or a trine aspect’
- ‘This produced a letter height of 11 mm, which, at the 3 rn viewing distance used in the study, gave the correct visual angle for a road sign at 43 rn ahead.’
- ‘However, this conclusion is preliminary, as group differences in filtering and focusing ability may emerge with distracters located at intermediate visual angles from targets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.