Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The angle formed at the eye by rays from the extremities of an object viewed.
- ‘However, this conclusion is preliminary, as group differences in filtering and focusing ability may emerge with distracters located at intermediate visual angles from targets.’
- ‘This produced a letter height of 11 mm, which, at the 3 rn viewing distance used in the study, gave the correct visual angle for a road sign at 43 rn ahead.’
- ‘Persons with schizophrenia showed similar filtering ability as typical persons, with distracters at two different visual angles from targets.’
- ‘The same holds true whether the visual angle formed with it is a sextile or a trine aspect’
- ‘Presentation of stimuli subtended approximately four degrees of visual angle.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.