One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an official visitor or visitation.‘visitorial jurisdiction’
- ‘Does that enliven the visitorial jurisdiction we have, or what do we do with it?’
- ‘Maybe it is a case for what I call our visitorial jurisdiction.’
- ‘The profession has to understand that the times that we will exercise what we call the visitorial jurisdiction are becoming less and less.’
- ‘This is because the authority and exclusivity of such visitorial jurisdiction arises from the rights of the founder, normally the Crown, to make exhaustive provision for the internal regulation of its corporate bodies.’
- ‘To return to the question of the visitorial jurisdiction, may we add this as a factor which makes this an ideal case factually to examine those matters which till now remain, in our submission, dicta in this Court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.