Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A measure of a place's ease of access for people with disabilities.‘we endeavor to create a community that is not only accessible, but is also a model of visitability’
- ‘If you have the opportunity, consider sharing why housing visitability is important to you personally’
- ‘But the three simple requirements of visitability do allow a person with a mobility limitation to enter and visit the occupants of the house.’
- ‘The visitability ordinance was introduced by a councilwoman whose daughter uses a wheelchair.’
- ‘Beginning in 1992, ‘visitability’ has been slowly spreading throughout the United States.’
- ‘Altaffer is involved in an advocacy effort to ensure that a visitability ordinance will be enacted in Tucson.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.