One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The worship of the Hindu god Vishnu.‘the long history of Vishnuism’
- ‘Sivaism, Vishnuism, and Brahmanism, the three primitive creeds, ended their warfare some thousand years before the birth of Christ by adopting the Hindoo Trimourti.’
- ‘It is clear that in giving an account of Vishnuism he considered that he had for all practical purposes described the religion of the parts of India which he knew.’
- ‘Ramanuja was a renowned Indian thinker and theologian of the 11th century A.D. who restated within the tradition of Vishnuism the doctrines of the Vedanta.’
- ‘The long history of Vishnuism is a narrative of `brahmanical' entrenchment.’
- ‘Vishnuism was the religion of 'avatars'; it was the religion of the incarnation of highest gods come down to earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.