One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The worship of the Hindu god Vishnu.‘the long history of Vishnuism’
- ‘The long history of Vishnuism is a narrative of `brahmanical' entrenchment.’
- ‘Vishnuism was the religion of 'avatars'; it was the religion of the incarnation of highest gods come down to earth.’
- ‘Ramanuja was a renowned Indian thinker and theologian of the 11th century A.D. who restated within the tradition of Vishnuism the doctrines of the Vedanta.’
- ‘Sivaism, Vishnuism, and Brahmanism, the three primitive creeds, ended their warfare some thousand years before the birth of Christ by adopting the Hindoo Trimourti.’
- ‘It is clear that in giving an account of Vishnuism he considered that he had for all practical purposes described the religion of the parts of India which he knew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.