An instrument for measuring the viscosity of liquids.
- ‘Rheological properties were measured using a capillary viscometer recording shear stress - shear rate relationship.’
- ‘The steady-shear surface viscosity was measured in a custom built magnetic needle viscometer.’
- ‘In addition, the cell orientation within the shear field varies in a random fashion due to cell-cell interactions when the hct is large as during preshear in the viscometer.’
- ‘The simple viscometer devised for these experiments may also prove useful in other contexts.’
- ‘The Spectro technicians also use viscometers to test the viscosity of engine oil.’
Late 19th century: from late Latin viscosus ‘viscous’ + -meter.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.