One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property of a substance of exhibiting both elastic and viscous behavior, the application of stress causing temporary deformation if the stress is quickly removed but permanent deformation if it is maintained.
- ‘Indeed, several contributions have investigated the potential of phase imaging to detect variations in material properties such as adhesion, elasticity, and viscoelasticity, or to image samples with large vertical dimensions.’
- ‘However, little is known about how these attributes vary with temperature, pressure and shear rate because these measurements are difficult to make for commercial lubricants that have weak viscoelasticity.’
- ‘To reveal the origins of this mechanical response, we use a variety of pharmacological and immunological disruption techniques to alter the cytoplasmic structure, and measure the resultant change in viscoelasticity.’
- ‘In comparison with rheological and theoretical studies on viscoelasticity of actin gels, the properties of orientational ordering of actin have been less studied, both theoretically and experimentally.’
- ‘We measure no contribution from the cytokeratin network to viscoelasticity.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.