Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The body's natural ability to heal itself.
- ‘Naturopathic physicians respect and work with the vis medicatrix naturae in diagnosis, treatment and counseling, for if this self-healing process is not respected the patient may be harmed.’
- ‘His passion to deeply understand and teach the vis medicatrix naturae was unparalleled.’
- ‘Now it's up to you to raise his resistance and give the vis medicatrix naturae a chance.’
- ‘The defining principle of naturopathy is vis medicatrix naturae, or nature's healing power.’
- ‘Assisting the vis medicatrix naturae is the cornerstone of the naturopathic approach, philosophically and clinically.’
Latin, the healing power of nature.
vis medicatrix naturae/ˈvis ˌmediˈkātriks nəˈto͝orē//ˈwēs ˌmediˈkätriks näˈto͝orˌī/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.