One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Great skill in music or another artistic pursuit.‘a performance of considerable virtuosity’
- ‘Today, though, that allegorical meaning is lost on us, and what we see rather is a dazzling display of artistic virtuosity.’
- ‘I like smart writers who have tons of skill, imagination, and formal virtuosity.’
- ‘For him economic pragmatism, not artistic virtuosity, was the key to racial uplift.’
- ‘The virtuosity of the three artists on their instruments created a universe of sound that captivated the audience.’
- ‘This sixteen member string orchestra plays with silky elegance and brilliant virtuosity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.