Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Great skill in music or another artistic pursuit.‘a performance of considerable virtuosity’
- ‘The virtuosity of the three artists on their instruments created a universe of sound that captivated the audience.’
- ‘I like smart writers who have tons of skill, imagination, and formal virtuosity.’
- ‘For him economic pragmatism, not artistic virtuosity, was the key to racial uplift.’
- ‘Today, though, that allegorical meaning is lost on us, and what we see rather is a dazzling display of artistic virtuosity.’
- ‘This sixteen member string orchestra plays with silky elegance and brilliant virtuosity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.