One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Great skill in music or another artistic pursuit.‘a performance of considerable virtuosity’
skill, skilfulness, mastery, expertise, expertness, prowess, proficiency, ability, aptitude, adroitness, dexterity, deftness, excellence, brilliance, talent, genius, artistry, technique, art, creativity, flair, finish, polish, panache, finesse, wizardry, calibre, quality, professionalismView synonyms
- ‘I like smart writers who have tons of skill, imagination, and formal virtuosity.’
- ‘Today, though, that allegorical meaning is lost on us, and what we see rather is a dazzling display of artistic virtuosity.’
- ‘This sixteen member string orchestra plays with silky elegance and brilliant virtuosity.’
- ‘For him economic pragmatism, not artistic virtuosity, was the key to racial uplift.’
- ‘The virtuosity of the three artists on their instruments created a universe of sound that captivated the audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.