One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method employing encryption to provide secure access to a remote computer over the Internet.
- ‘Additional steps can be taken to make WiFi more secure, such as adding virtual private network software similar to that used by users connecting to corporate networks over the Internet.’
- ‘Shortly, they will use wireless access to virtual private networks and Web services to get approval and the necessary documentation back on their machines with only a slight delay.’
- ‘On top of that, he says, the modem can add virtual private network capabilities to further enhance the secure work-at-home feeling.’
- ‘Two of the more common forms of extended access include virtual private networks and collaboration applications, such as supply chain management.’
- ‘If users are able to access both the Internet and corporate resources remotely, then a firewall and virtual private network are needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.