Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A method employing encryption to provide secure access to a remote computer over the Internet.
- ‘On top of that, he says, the modem can add virtual private network capabilities to further enhance the secure work-at-home feeling.’
- ‘Two of the more common forms of extended access include virtual private networks and collaboration applications, such as supply chain management.’
- ‘Additional steps can be taken to make WiFi more secure, such as adding virtual private network software similar to that used by users connecting to corporate networks over the Internet.’
- ‘Shortly, they will use wireless access to virtual private networks and Web services to get approval and the necessary documentation back on their machines with only a slight delay.’
- ‘If users are able to access both the Internet and corporate resources remotely, then a firewall and virtual private network are needed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.