Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A method employing encryption to provide secure access to a remote computer over the Internet.
- ‘Two of the more common forms of extended access include virtual private networks and collaboration applications, such as supply chain management.’
- ‘Shortly, they will use wireless access to virtual private networks and Web services to get approval and the necessary documentation back on their machines with only a slight delay.’
- ‘On top of that, he says, the modem can add virtual private network capabilities to further enhance the secure work-at-home feeling.’
- ‘If users are able to access both the Internet and corporate resources remotely, then a firewall and virtual private network are needed.’
- ‘Additional steps can be taken to make WiFi more secure, such as adding virtual private network software similar to that used by users connecting to corporate networks over the Internet.’
virtual private network/ˌvərCHo͞oəl ˌprīvət ˈnetwərk/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.