One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The operational domain of any business or organization whose workforce includes a significant proportion of workers using technology to perform their work at home.
- ‘Launched in 1994, the virtual office was officially killed in 1998, but had been dead long before that.’
- ‘Intel has designed three models: one for the ‘on the go ‘road warrior, another for the virtual office, and a third for the digital home.’’
- ‘One solution we are seeing is to set up virtual offices or PO boxes as close as possible to the center of whatever city - actually, zip code - the business is targeting.’
- ‘Traditional organizational arrangements in which members spend most of their time in their offices are changing with such business trends as telecommuting and virtual offices.’
- ‘These electronic tools bring information and decision-makers, both staff and volunteers, together in one location at one time, creating the campaign's virtual office.’
- ‘One example is the adoption of virtual office strategies.’
- ‘For more than a decade, people have been talking about virtual offices and saying we're all going to telecommute.’
- ‘The use of virtual office hours, or other instructor communication, is particularly important for nontraditional students since they take courses via videotaped lecture presentations supplemented by live case presentations.’
- ‘Small businesses handily beat the giants in creating virtual offices, which should allow them to grow without sacrificing flexibility and speed.’
- ‘Presentation topics ranged from instant messaging systems, decision making in the virtual office, identity theft, to educational uses of personal data assistants, Web education and cyberterrorism.’
- ‘Office workers are now road warriors based in a virtual office that is merely a mobile node in a telecoms network.’
- ‘Being a small operation at the moment, the virtual office is great for us.’
- ‘The company originally operated out of a virtual office and continues to conduct business largely online.’
- ‘As Indonesia is on the road to economic recovery - despite the never-ending political turmoil - Jakarta is home to a growing number of virtual office operators.’
- ‘At times they've been almost a virtual office of ours.’
- ‘The virtual classroom seems to be taking over much more than the virtual office ever did in the early '90s. Say goodbye to passing notes and sticking gum under the seat.’
- ‘In addition, you can now have a virtual office saving you the cost of rent and utilities, and helping you to skim superfluous expenses.’
- ‘Putting the problems with your physical work space to one side, what about your virtual work space, your virtual office?’
- ‘In fact, most nights after Gaither has settled into his hotel room, he and his colleagues get together in their virtual office.’
- ‘Using this virtual office, IBM employees have the flexibility to work whenever and wherever it makes sense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.