One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Memory that appears to exist as main storage although most of it is supported by data held in secondary storage, transfer between the two being made automatically as required.
- ‘By introducing integers into memory lookups, more precision is gained, enabling more flexibility in storing graphics data in places such as virtual memory or main system memory.’
- ‘I haven't run out of memory in more than a decade, ever since virtual memory appeared in Windows 386.’
- ‘Block-level storage virtualization distributes blocks of data to virtual storage pools across multiple storage devices, which helps to manage space and control devices at the hardware level.’
- ‘My laptop was connected to the infopackets server at the time that it happened and I was able to see that server's virtual memory (swap file) was almost completely depleted.’
- ‘Memory management expects its virtual memory to be consistent in size and persistent in availability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.