One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition which results from virilization.
- ‘However, he pointed out that androgen-related baldness was not strictly a male problem, and could also occur in women with high levels of male sex hormones, a condition called adrenal virilism.’
- ‘Adrenal virilism is caused by an androgen-secreting adrenal tumor or by adrenal hyperplasia.’
- ‘These typical lesions of the frontal bone with associated obesity and virilism were first described by Morgagni.’
- ‘In adult women, adrenal virilism is caused by adrenal hyperplasia or an adrenal tumor.’
- ‘Taken together, these data demonstrate that the SERM-mediated virilism observed in female rats is likely independent of the mammary gland ER antagonism of SERMs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.