Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The condition that results from virilization.
- ‘In adult women, adrenal virilism is caused by adrenal hyperplasia or an adrenal tumor.’
- ‘However, he pointed out that androgen-related baldness was not strictly a male problem, and could also occur in women with high levels of male sex hormones, a condition called adrenal virilism.’
- ‘These typical lesions of the frontal bone with associated obesity and virilism were first described by Morgagni.’
- ‘Adrenal virilism is caused by an androgen-secreting adrenal tumor or by adrenal hyperplasia.’
- ‘Taken together, these data demonstrate that the SERM-mediated virilism observed in female rats is likely independent of the mammary gland ER antagonism of SERMs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.