One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tendency of an image, video, or piece of information to be circulated rapidly and widely from one Internet user to another; the quality or fact of being viral.‘new metrics will allow marketeers to better assess the virality of their campaigns’
- ‘The bare functional core of any major Website‥can be yours for about $20,000. The rest of the value is locked in with the unquantifiables—the buzz, the virality, the self-perpetuating magic.’
- ‘The issue is with the implied value judgment that if an operating system is observed to spread because of virality, then it must be inferior on other axes.’
- ‘The way you make your luck in the Web 2.0 world is through virality.’
- ‘Everyone in social media knows that virality is the number one metric to track if you want to be a success.’
- ‘After the ridiculous virality of the campaign I am becoming convinced that there has been some kind of soul/satan exchange going on.’
- ‘In sum, the golden age of Facebook game virality is over with these changes.’
- ‘Unsurprisingly, this aggressive approach to virality has caused something of a backlash online.’
- ‘We investigated the virality of almost 7000 articles from one of the world’s most popular newspapers.’
- ‘That isn't necessarily true; it may be the case that virality is correlated with design traits that make it a better bet in the long term - like, say, open source.’
- ‘Ours is the age of virality: viral education, viral marketing, viral e-mail and video and networking.’
- ‘The virality of the site is a hint that there are good number people who are ready to unplug.’
- ‘The virality of content determines how successful that content is going to be in the broader Web.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.