A colorless liquid ester used in the production of polyvinyl acetate and other commercially important polymers.
- ‘Acetylene or ethyne is used to also make vinyl chloride and vinyl acetate, both of which are converted to polymers.’
- ‘Among the other commonly encountered vinyl compounds are vinyl bromide, vinyl ester, vinyl acetate, and vinylbenzene (also called styrene).’
- ‘The water-soluble macromolecular compound preferably includes a copolymer of N-vinyl - 2-pyrrolidone and vinyl acetate as a primary component.’
- ‘Colorimetric tubes, which were exposed downwind, measured cyanide, vinyl acetate, and acid gases.’
- ‘The plant manufactured ethylene oxide, ethylene glycol, isopropanol, acetaldehyde, vinyl chloride, vinyl acetate, butadiene, and many other compounds and polymers.’