One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In wet clay or poorly drained soils, fig trees produce mostly vegetative, viny growth with few fruits.’
- ‘Stalk these bugs vigilantly when they first appear, and you may be able to save your viny vegetables organically this year.’
- ‘All around the horse corral, it was overgrown with viny bushes and thick rooted willows.’
- ‘Clematis flammula var. maritima is an example of a lianoid, smaller-bodied viny plant that has adapted to open conditions where there are few climbing opportunities.’
- ‘I help with the maintenance; we weed, then wield machetes and trowels to chop back the viny grass that threatens to overtake bare soil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.