One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The conversion of grape juice or other vegetable extract into wine by fermentation.
- ‘Grapes are still harvested from the pasture but not for the purpose of vinification.’
- ‘His responsibilities at Santa Rita include vinification of different premium wines for export and the development and vinification of new products.’
- ‘In 1998 he introduced a change in vinification.’
- ‘The wine doesn't need a California name to make it good, though and in the best of hands, it can yield incredibly enjoyable and warming wines, especially in Manduria where laws governing vinification are fierce.’
- ‘Producing wine actually involves two separate steps: the growing of the grapes, called viticulture and the making of the wine, called vinification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.