One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He had to travel a lot for his work and once he brought back two bottles of red wine from Australia and I had a taste: they were foul and vinegarish.’
- ‘The noodles are prepared with a specially prepared sauce and a dollop of vinegarish chilli paste.’
- ‘I don't want to sound vinegarish, but this has got to be the worst website I have ever seen!’
- ‘It was originally named Vinegaroon, for a large scorpion-like spider, native to the area, which emits a vinegarish stench when upset.’
- ‘Unable to unload carbon dioxide into my lungs, my blood would turn vinegarish and my kidneys would burn out trying to neutralize the acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.