A painful ulcerative condition of the inside of the mouth or of the gums, associated with trench mouth.
- ‘Oral cavity conditions that can produce halitosis are dentures, chronic periodontal disease, coated tongue and Vincent's angina.’
- ‘Throat swabs should be collected for streptococcal sore throat, diphtheria, Vincent's angina, thrush, and gonococcal pharyngeal infection.’
- ‘He was much better in the morning and a throat swab demonstrated that the Vincent's angina had disappeared.’
- ‘Had a case been only Vincent's angina one would not have expected pharyngeal paralysis to develop, but in most cases, whether they received N.A.B. or not, it did.’
- ‘Sometimes, tonsillitis is caused by a superinfection of spirochaeta and treponema, in this case called Vincent's angina or Plaut-Vincent angina.’