One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A painful ulcerative condition of the inside of the mouth or of the gums, associated with trench mouth.
- ‘He was much better in the morning and a throat swab demonstrated that the Vincent's angina had disappeared.’
- ‘Sometimes, tonsillitis is caused by a superinfection of spirochaeta and treponema, in this case called Vincent's angina or Plaut-Vincent angina.’
- ‘Oral cavity conditions that can produce halitosis are dentures, chronic periodontal disease, coated tongue and Vincent's angina.’
- ‘Had a case been only Vincent's angina one would not have expected pharyngeal paralysis to develop, but in most cases, whether they received N.A.B. or not, it did.’
- ‘Throat swabs should be collected for streptococcal sore throat, diphtheria, Vincent's angina, thrush, and gonococcal pharyngeal infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.