One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We will be patrolling the area more vigilantly just in case it wasn't a one-off.’
- ‘In the former, it has largely been condemned and opposed by governments (though far less vigilantly than it should be).’
- ‘What's most curious is that the people who advocate abstinence in other countries are generally the same people who vigilantly refuse to allow discussion of the subject in the United States.’
- ‘All the medicines, warm clothes etc, should be vigilantly packed.’
- ‘We must vigilantly, he said, restrict and punish the authors of wicked books that ‘demean themselves as well as men’.’
- ‘Classicism holds sway even in this debate: it has been an ideological service worker vigilantly cleaning up, heroicizing and aestheticizing violences and hatreds.’
- ‘But those of us who disagree should vigilantly watch for, and resist, the ‘displacement of constitutional hegemony’ that the article welcomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.