One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device on a camera showing the field of view of the lens, used in framing and focusing the picture.
- ‘The screen is not a simple rectangle but rather the homothetic surface of the viewfinder of his camera.’
- ‘Learning to see the battlefield through the viewfinder of a camera requires a special skill.’
- ‘This has no noticeable effect on the viewfinder, exposure metering or focusing systems.’
- ‘Most pocket cameras have a separate viewfinder: what you see is an approximation of what the lens is seeing.’
- ‘The bright frame and spherical mirror are coated onto the lenses of a reverse-Galilean viewfinder.’
- ‘The students were allowed to see through the camera viewfinder and one girl wanted to know how 3D films were made.’
- ‘It is an optical device, somewhat like a viewfinder, which allows me to vary the focal length at will.’
- ‘It's a basic point and click rangefinder (separate viewfinder lens) camera from Boots.’
- ‘The majority have a zoom lens, an optical viewfinder and an LCD viewing screen.’
- ‘The first device the company is working on is a viewfinder for digital cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.