One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A habitual, undiscriminating watcher of television or videotapes.
- ‘Well, recently I was just in the mood to be a vidiot.’
- ‘Puking out direct to vidiot sequels like Belle Goes to Beauty College or Lumiere Has a Hernia is the work of evil creative imbeciles.’
- ‘A good starter package for ‘vidiots in training.’’
- ‘Yes, the rush to put out virtually every movie ever made on DVD is laudable, seeing as it gives vidiots like you and me the chance to see a broader range of material.’
- ‘Thus, for like-minded vidiots, I want to recommend the best guide for those with off-kilter tastes.’
- ‘In due time his character studies will hallmark their way to the hearts of vidiots domestic and abroad.’
- ‘In other consumer-electronic news, JVC has something wonderful for all you vidiots out there.’
1960s: blend of video and idiot.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.