An electronic information system such as teletext or viewdata.
- ‘Digitizing the News begins with a description of the historical efforts of newspapers to explore electronic delivery with such technologies as teletext, videotex, fax, and telephone news services.’
- ‘U.S. videotex systems promised news and information that was more timely, more thorough and more personal than printed newspapers, writes Roger Fidler, a pioneer in electronic publishing.’
- ‘‘The French videotex system Minitel: A successful implementation of a national information echnology infrastructure,’ MIS Quarterly, volume 18, number 1, pp. 1-20.’
- ‘Interactive electronic text in the United States: Can videotext ever go home again?’
- ‘It was going to change the way we watch television, usher in a new era of videotext, online games, pay-per-view and interactive TV.’
1970s: from video + text.