One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for video recorder
- ‘The major networks dominated programming until the arrival of cable TV (also color television and videotape recorders) in the 1960s.’
- ‘Rooms are fitted with one-way mirrors, and audio and videotape recorders, to facilitate supervision.’
- ‘You can't scratch your nose near a gaming table without having it recorded on one of the 900 videotape recorders mounted in racks in a room across the hall.’
- ‘The parent company is credited with creating the first practical videotape recorder in 1956.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.