Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fiber-optic rod attached to a camera that transmits images from within the body to a television monitor, used in diagnosis and surgery.
- ‘A videoscope is inserted through the incision below the umbilicus allowing visualization of the intraabdominal organs and gallbladder.’
- ‘The Olympus product is a videoscope with a miniaturized CCD chip at the distal tip, eliminating the need for fragile rod lenses.’
- ‘Olympus provides products and services, including EndoEYE [TM] surgical videoscopes and EndoALPHA [TM] and CPP financing.’
- ‘Cystoscopy is not commonly performed but can detect bladder abnormalities by inserting a small fiberoptic videoscope into the bladder.’
- ‘In this technique, the thorax is entered at multiple sites through small incisions using a videoscope to localize the lobe of interest.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.