One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fiber-optic rod attached to a camera that transmits images from within the body to a television monitor, used in diagnosis and surgery.
- ‘The Olympus product is a videoscope with a miniaturized CCD chip at the distal tip, eliminating the need for fragile rod lenses.’
- ‘In this technique, the thorax is entered at multiple sites through small incisions using a videoscope to localize the lobe of interest.’
- ‘Olympus provides products and services, including EndoEYE [TM] surgical videoscopes and EndoALPHA [TM] and CPP financing.’
- ‘Cystoscopy is not commonly performed but can detect bladder abnormalities by inserting a small fiberoptic videoscope into the bladder.’
- ‘A videoscope is inserted through the incision below the umbilicus allowing visualization of the intraabdominal organs and gallbladder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.