One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that, when linked to a television set, can be used for recording on and playing videotapes.
- ‘It is in this time period that the Internet started, that the video cassette recorder was introduced and that the cable industry grew.’
- ‘When I was a kid, I used to watch Swiss Family Robinson on an old VHS tape playing on an even older video cassette recorder.’
- ‘It's like hooking up a video cassette recorder to each system.’
- ‘Solar energy to power a television and a video cassette recorder was switched on at the Luvundu Senior Secondary School near here yesterday.’
- ‘Even the Betamax name still has recognition today, almost 20 years after the video cassette recorder was pulled from the market after losing a standards battle with VHS.’
- ‘The thieves also stole a micro-wave oven, a techniques amplifier and and six speakers, a fan and a video cassette recorder.’
- ‘This was the famous Betamax case which established the legality of the first video cassette recorder introduced into the commercial market.’
- ‘We are facing a very new and a very troubling assault and we are facing it from a thing called the video cassette recorder and its necessary companion called the blank tape.’
- ‘Images may be recorded for playback on a standard VHS video cassette recorder.’
- ‘In Britain, around 94 per cent of homes now have at least one colour TV and 66 per cent a video cassette recorder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.