One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that, when linked to a television set, can be used for recording on and playing videotapes.
- ‘Male behavior was recorded for 30 min by using a VHS video recorder on day 2 after spawning.’
- ‘The behavior of the fly pairs was recorded using a video recorder.’
- ‘From 1.30 pm on, Mary has three televisions and the video recorder on in the house.’
- ‘If used like an ordinary video recorder, it could record six channels of TV for ten days non-stop.’
- ‘They also had a security camera linked to a video recorder fitted to the rear of the house, a security light at the front and an alarm.’
- ‘I hold my remote control and - yes - I can programme my video recorder.’
- ‘The system consists of three components: a capture unit, a standard video recorder and a replay unit.’
- ‘Two men were caught on CCTV stealing a video recorder from the common room before going upstairs and trying residents' doors.’
- ‘Germination was immediately recorded with a VHS video recorder using x4 and x10 magnification.’
- ‘Suddenly this all looked much easier than having to programme the video recorder.’
video recorder/ˈvidēˌō rəˈkôrdər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.