One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A capsule containing a tiny camera that, when swallowed, transmits photographs of the stomach and intestines to a recording device.‘video pills can be used to diagnose ulcers’Also called capsule endoscope
- ‘According to the article the video pill is capable of demonstrating more abnormalities than standard small bowel imaging techniques.’
- ‘Because it is new, the video pill is mostly used after conventional tests have failed.’
- ‘High priority has been given to the video pills on the medical devices utilization based on the request for this type of information by the end users and the doctors.’
- ‘He returned the recording belt to the doctor after wearing it for eight hours, and 60,000 recorded images of the digestive tract taken by the video pill were then analyzed on a computer.’
- ‘Traditional endoscopy pinpointed the source of the bleeding in just 7 patients; with the video pill, doctors identified bleeding sites in 12 patients.’
- ‘And what happens to that marvelous, miniature video pill once its fantastic voyage is completed?’
- ‘The IVP 2 video pill provided with an HDRC ® image sensor with 768 x 496 pixels and wireless data transmission, external power supply and pivoting head was designed for the implementation in gastroenterology.’
- ‘A study of 57 healthy people found the video pill can safely pass through the digestive tract.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.