Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An email message with a video clip attached.→ V-mail
- ‘In the near term, we will see the emergence of interactive video mail and more powerful search features.’
- ‘The software, which is typically used to funnel downloadable ring tones, games and video mail programs to consumers, breaks ‘new ground,’ said Gina Lombardi.’
- ‘We have video mail from our local correspondent at the scene, our very own Randy Louis.’
- ‘But now the new catalog from the New York video mail order film, Cinema Classics, is listing six of the seven missing ‘Moto’ films.’
- ‘In addition, PhoneFree provides voice mail, video calling, video mail, voice conferencing and file/data transfer at no additional cost.’
- ‘With unified messaging, users can access all forms of messages - voice mail, email, fax, and video mail - from a common mailbox.’
- ‘Application requirements for video-on-demand, HDTV, video mail, and electronic security are pushing the envelope on server capacity and transfer rate.’
- ‘I use email and video mail to connect my students with students all over the world so they can discuss all sorts of things, like clothes, gender roles, diet, music.’
- ‘Passengers can also enjoy networked gaming, send video mail, take classes on computing and software, and rent laptops.’
- ‘And then I come to Japan and I find TV tuners and highly designed tiny handsets and second generation video mail.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.