One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen.
- ‘We wanted to do a video game based on Hong Kong action movies but we didn't have a star in mind.’
- ‘As for the ring scenes, they have more in common with a video game than the fight game.’
- ‘Be glad you can find this out by playing a video game, instead of nearly dying in a car accident like how most people learn to value their life.’
- ‘Do you have a son who tries to spend his whole day in front of a computer screen or a video game?’
- ‘Certain sports have no place in a video game and disc golf is one of them.’
- ‘It's slick, and is indebted more to a cinematic piece in theaters rather than a simple video game.’
- ‘You have to have the perfect combination of a good movie and a good video game for it to work.’
- ‘The sound for the game, however, far surpasses any expectation for a video game.’
- ‘Music games have taken the video game world by storm in the last few years.’
- ‘I would have loved at one stage to be able to play DVDs on my video game console.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.