One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen.
- ‘It's slick, and is indebted more to a cinematic piece in theaters rather than a simple video game.’
- ‘Be glad you can find this out by playing a video game, instead of nearly dying in a car accident like how most people learn to value their life.’
- ‘As for the ring scenes, they have more in common with a video game than the fight game.’
- ‘Do you have a son who tries to spend his whole day in front of a computer screen or a video game?’
- ‘I would have loved at one stage to be able to play DVDs on my video game console.’
- ‘The sound for the game, however, far surpasses any expectation for a video game.’
- ‘We wanted to do a video game based on Hong Kong action movies but we didn't have a star in mind.’
- ‘You have to have the perfect combination of a good movie and a good video game for it to work.’
- ‘Music games have taken the video game world by storm in the last few years.’
- ‘Certain sports have no place in a video game and disc golf is one of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.