One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for displaying input signals as characters on a screen, typically a monitor.
- ‘This level of lighting is not necessary for occupant comfort, and it can even be detrimental in offices where workers read video display terminals all day.’
- ‘You may be a casualty of modern technology - eye strain associated with video display terminals (VDTs).’
- ‘Sauter et al. reported that video display terminal operators sometimes experience higher levels of musculoskeletal complaints than clerical workers who do not use such equipment.’
- ‘Listeners could monitor their most recent response on a video display terminal, which was also mounted on the table in front of them, but they had no continuing visual record of their responses.’
- ‘The commander's vehicle can track just about anything on the battlefield with its video display terminal, Rogers said.’
- ‘It also did away with products far from its comfort zone, such as video display terminals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.