One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera for recording images on videotape or for transmitting them to a monitor screen.
- ‘All trials were recorded by a video camera that was positioned in the viewing gallery above the court.’
- ‘These included a digital camera, a video camera, a lawnmower and a hedge trimmer.’
- ‘One of the best ways to help yourself improve is to use a video camera to record your movements.’
- ‘The film was shot in two-and-a-half weeks, mostly with a digital video camera, using natural light.’
- ‘A video camera monitors the road markings and sets off a warning if a vehicle wanders.’
- ‘The camera was transmitting to a video camera and receiver stashed in the pannier of a bicycle locked to a nearby lamppost.’
- ‘They were taking pictures with a digital camera and a video camera.’
- ‘The best way to do this is with a digital video camera and a high-speed FireWire connection.’
- ‘Once attached to the window of a moving vehicle it captures a stream of images similar to a video camera.’
- ‘The man holding the video camera turned the camera on and brought the eyepiece up to his eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.