A camera for recording images on videotape or for transmitting them to a monitor screen.
- ‘The man holding the video camera turned the camera on and brought the eyepiece up to his eye.’
- ‘All trials were recorded by a video camera that was positioned in the viewing gallery above the court.’
- ‘The best way to do this is with a digital video camera and a high-speed FireWire connection.’
- ‘These included a digital camera, a video camera, a lawnmower and a hedge trimmer.’
- ‘The camera was transmitting to a video camera and receiver stashed in the pannier of a bicycle locked to a nearby lamppost.’
- ‘A video camera monitors the road markings and sets off a warning if a vehicle wanders.’
- ‘Once attached to the window of a moving vehicle it captures a stream of images similar to a video camera.’
- ‘One of the best ways to help yourself improve is to use a video camera to record your movements.’
- ‘The film was shot in two-and-a-half weeks, mostly with a digital video camera, using natural light.’
- ‘They were taking pictures with a digital camera and a video camera.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.