Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An indoor area containing coin-operated video games.→ arcade
- ‘They had 2 18-hole courses, batting cages and a huge video arcade.’
- ‘I'm given to understand that they can only be spent in the Tri-Borough Area, just like those tokens you get in the video arcade.’
- ‘He got a job at the video arcade across the street and broke up with me and broke my heart.’
- ‘Or why, two hours later at a video arcade, are ten year old children busy playing ‘Star Fighter’ alongside their loving parents and guardians?’
- ‘The kids will enjoy the two story video arcade and IMAX theater.’
- ‘There are specially designed virtual reality machines in the entertainment complex along with disco and video arcade.’
- ‘Even the Dairy Queen is clean and bright, and the lone video arcade smells like soap because of the Stone Harbor Bath & Body store next door.’
- ‘Facilities of Hemingways included an outdoor sport area, video arcade for older children, fast food outlets, a coffee and informal seating area and movie theatres.’
- ‘On the Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory, there is a huge teen area with a soda bar, dance floor, and an adjacent video arcade.’
- ‘In the meantime, he was working as a guard at a video arcade.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.