One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An indoor area containing coin-operated video games.
- ‘They had 2 18-hole courses, batting cages and a huge video arcade.’
- ‘Even the Dairy Queen is clean and bright, and the lone video arcade smells like soap because of the Stone Harbor Bath & Body store next door.’
- ‘In the meantime, he was working as a guard at a video arcade.’
- ‘There are specially designed virtual reality machines in the entertainment complex along with disco and video arcade.’
- ‘The kids will enjoy the two story video arcade and IMAX theater.’
- ‘Facilities of Hemingways included an outdoor sport area, video arcade for older children, fast food outlets, a coffee and informal seating area and movie theatres.’
- ‘On the Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory, there is a huge teen area with a soda bar, dance floor, and an adjacent video arcade.’
- ‘I'm given to understand that they can only be spent in the Tri-Borough Area, just like those tokens you get in the video arcade.’
- ‘Or why, two hours later at a video arcade, are ten year old children busy playing ‘Star Fighter’ alongside their loving parents and guardians?’
- ‘He got a job at the video arcade across the street and broke up with me and broke my heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.