One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Forster's early works reflect the trend of turn-of-the-century British writers to diverge from Victorianism.’
- ‘The reason is only marginally related to the general pejorative connotation that Victorianism carries.’
- ‘It is robotic Victorianism, a Victorianism shorn of its human dimension.’
- ‘Both found a spiritual home in the stuffy, provincial atmosphere of colonial Victorianism.’
- ‘This is seeping into our fiction and poetry in the form of a new Victorianism, wherein a mawkish sincerity is the highest value.’
- ‘For Zion this transatlantic language of bourgeoisie Victorianism was a remarkably novel way of making sense of commodities.’
- ‘Thus males, as well as females, were involved in what we have popularly regarded as Victorianism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.