Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tropical South American water lily which has gigantic floating leaves with raised sides.
- ‘The Victoria lilies have red petals, and open with the rising sun and close with sunset.’
- ‘Matt has also been tremendously successful in growing the Victoria lilies here in Western New York.’
- ‘By the way, not everyone agrees with Lycopus that Victoria lilies are dicots.’
- ‘There are also two species of Victoria lilies and various crosses of those that can be kept in larger ponds.’
- ‘It is filled with the colorful blooms of hardy and tropical water lilies, lotus and Victoria lilies.’
- ‘The Queen of Water Lilies, the magnificent Victoria lily, is very particular in her needs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.