One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legal offense to which all parties consent and no party is injured.‘software piracy is far from a victimless crime’
- ‘Well, illegal immigration's not a victimless crime in many ways.’
- ‘Prostitution has been called a victimless crime, because women are assumed to consent and that therefore no harm is done.’
- ‘Leonard suggests that this spending could drop to as little as $10 / month if we stop prosecuting drug offenses and other victimless crimes.’
- ‘What I would say, though, is that marijuana smoking is a victimless crime and the drug war has proven to be a very biased war.’
- ‘Cameras make it easier to discover these victimless crimes.’
- ‘And there are something like a million Americans in jail for victimless crimes.’
- ‘Senator, are you even dimly aware that terrorism is NOT a victimless crime?’
- ‘They think it's a victimless crime or a trivial crime or a ‘technicality’ crime. Let's start with the immediate victims.’
- ‘The bitter truth is that, unlike the majority of nonviolent drug cases, corporate malfeasance is not a victimless crime.’
- ‘It's time we got the government out of the business of regulating consensual and victimless crimes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.