One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A French nobleman corresponding in rank to a viscount.
- ‘Knowing that his singular connection with the vicomte would very soon surface, René was composed at this question, and replied, ‘Sir, I believe that is not your concern.’’
- ‘Only one corpse, that of a nonroyal exhumed unofficially, escaped the pit: Louis XIV's most honored marshal, Henri de La Tour d' Auvergne, vicomte de Turenne.’
- ‘My dear Rance, there is no need to whip the dear vicomte.’
- ‘Francois-Rene, vicomte de Chateaubriand, French ambassador in London from 1822, criticised Wellington's choice of setting for the statue.’
- ‘I remain, m. le vicomte, your most humble servant.’
- ‘The message of artistic tolerance as republican state policy was also sounded by the vicomte Henri Delaborde, the perpetual secretary of the Academie des Beaux-Arts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.