One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official or executive ranking below and deputizing for a president.
- ‘Usually the only two elected members of the Executive are the president and the vice-president.’
- ‘They may vote for the president, the vice president and senators, or even stand for election.’
- ‘The Assembly will now choose a president and two vice presidents, who in turn pick a prime minister and cabinet.’
- ‘I see now that the voice of a company is not limited to top level executives, vice presidents, and public relations officers.’
- ‘Bank resources are managed by an executive president, assisted by three vice presidents and 500 professional staff.’
- ‘The president will name two vice-presidents who come from different ethnic groups and political parties.’
- ‘The RCPE is administrated by a president, two vice presidents and a 20-member Council who are chosen on nomination.’
- ‘Once elected, the parliament will then elect a president and two vice presidents.’
- ‘The Presidential Records Act of 1978 governs the official records of presidents and vice presidents created or received after January 1981.’
- ‘Lula has chosen as his vice president a rich businessman belonging to a neo-liberal party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.