One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official or executive ranking below and deputizing for a president.
- ‘Lula has chosen as his vice president a rich businessman belonging to a neo-liberal party.’
- ‘I see now that the voice of a company is not limited to top level executives, vice presidents, and public relations officers.’
- ‘The president will name two vice-presidents who come from different ethnic groups and political parties.’
- ‘The Presidential Records Act of 1978 governs the official records of presidents and vice presidents created or received after January 1981.’
- ‘Usually the only two elected members of the Executive are the president and the vice-president.’
- ‘The RCPE is administrated by a president, two vice presidents and a 20-member Council who are chosen on nomination.’
- ‘Once elected, the parliament will then elect a president and two vice presidents.’
- ‘The Assembly will now choose a president and two vice presidents, who in turn pick a prime minister and cabinet.’
- ‘Bank resources are managed by an executive president, assisted by three vice presidents and 500 professional staff.’
- ‘They may vote for the president, the vice president and senators, or even stand for election.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.