One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a vestibule, particularly that of the inner ear, or more generally to the sense of balance.
- ‘In patients with decompression sickness, the vestibular system, spinal cord and brain are affected by the formation of nitrogen bubbles.’
- ‘Certainly, when positive, vestibular function testing provides objective documentation of a patient's reported symptoms.’
- ‘The vestibular system of the inner ear influences our posture, our movements and the position of our body in space.’
- ‘The other position sense is the vestibular sense, which tells us about balance, about where we are in relation to gravity, and about acceleration or deceleration.’
- ‘Nausea usually arises from one of three sources: the abdomen, the brain, and the vestibular apparatus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.