One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveMedicine
- ‘A few species with acrid juice were formerly used as vesicatories.’
- ‘Further structural details were not elucidated because ‘the vesicatory characteristics of the oil… precluded further study’.’
- ‘Should her condition continue, by the end of the week, her appearance would be so bad, it would be impossible to dream of doing this; especially if Dr. Corniere prescribes vesicatories.’
- ‘He ordered a pair of additional vesicatories to be laid upon his arms, and other proper medicines to be administered.’
- ‘All the species probably, and certainly several of them, have striking vesicatory properties, so that when rubbed upon the skin they produce inflammation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.