One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The band of frequencies between 30 and 300 megahertz, typically used for broadcasting television signals.
- ‘It allows you to create ‘virtual wires,’ on very high frequencies, which can link a small network of 802.11 nodes with competitive fiber backhauls.’
- ‘The very high frequency is dependent on the length of the repeat.’
- ‘When stimulated by a magnetic field, Terfenol-D expands and contracts at very high frequency with dramatic force.’
- ‘We established a very high frequency radio link to Global Army MARS System via the Eastern Area Gateway at Fort Dietrich, Md.’
- ‘In analogue cellphones there is a very high frequency FM radio.’
- ‘Echocardiography uses very high frequency sound waves, which are inaudible to human ears.’
- ‘Today's business radios use either very high frequency or ultra-high frequency bands.’
- ‘The structure allows to the domains a hinge-bending mode that appears in the native state as vibrations at very high frequencies.’
- ‘The peak ground-reaction forces in these impact situations consist of signals with very high frequencies.’
- ‘Ground forces using FM radios that cannot talk to F - 16s overhead because the airmen have only ultra-high frequency or very high frequency radios.’
- ‘Because the springs respond instantaneously, the response at very high frequencies would be expected to be independent of frequency.’
- ‘First, wireless transmissions are sent at very high frequencies, which allows more data to be sent per second.’
- ‘The transient can contain very high frequencies up to and beyond the limit of human hearing.’
- ‘Gagarin used radios that transmitted via the very high frequency, high frequency, and shortwave bandwidths.’
- ‘Then, too, the number of TV channels was limited to twelve on the very high frequency transmitting band.’
- ‘The phantoms send small impulses at very high frequencies down the Internet using newly developed fiber optic cables and extremely high bandwidths.’
- ‘Most of the noise in a recording resides at very high frequencies.’
- ‘But after trails at very high frequency, Crozier saw the demand was in 1.4 to 1.5Ghz ranges, just above mobile phones and below PC.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.