One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is something vertiginously sublime about contemplating timescales that are exponentially longer than our own lives.’
- ‘Again the scene was skewed and vertiginously raked.’
- ‘The road twists vertiginously around sharp drop-offs, and nighttime is when poisonous fer-de-lance snakes slither across the road.’
- ‘With an estimated price of $40-50 million, the bidding started at $20m and rose vertiginously.’
- ‘Inside the Lada, the mood swings vertiginously between country-lovesick and Elvis Crespo's power salsa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.