One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tasting in order of year of several different vintages of a particular wine.‘a vertical tasting of vintages from 2003 to 2012 inclusive’
- ‘The vertical tasting will include wines with labels by Picasso, Motherwell, and Warhol.’
- ‘Wine will be served with each course including a vertical tasting of VS Cabernet 1978, 1988 and 1999.’
- ‘Higgins held a special all-Chimay event, with a vertical tasting of the Trappist ales in 750 ml bottles.’
- ‘Recently, in their winery I was privileged to participate in a vertical tasting of its great vintages going back to 1961.’
- ‘A vertical tasting is a selection or ‘flight’ of wines from different vintages or years, this is often, but not necessarily, from successive years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.