One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alphabetized file for pamphlets and other small publications that do not merit a call number in a library system.
- ‘These are all in the vertical files at the archives.’
- ‘The vertical files are labelled a-h, with a in the lower left and h in the lower right.’
- ‘Photos of Hawera before and after the fire can be found in the vertical files in Taranaki Resource Centre, Puke Ariki.’
- ‘Electronic vertical files may be viewed as more visible and more easily accessible vertical files that keep users connected to their public libraries.’
- ‘All of her files were in perfect order in three vertical files, and there was an extra desk in the corner, lit by an attractive pole lamp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.