One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alphabetized file for pamphlets and other small publications that do not merit a call number in a library system.
- ‘All of her files were in perfect order in three vertical files, and there was an extra desk in the corner, lit by an attractive pole lamp.’
- ‘Photos of Hawera before and after the fire can be found in the vertical files in Taranaki Resource Centre, Puke Ariki.’
- ‘Electronic vertical files may be viewed as more visible and more easily accessible vertical files that keep users connected to their public libraries.’
- ‘These are all in the vertical files at the archives.’
- ‘The vertical files are labelled a-h, with a in the lower left and h in the lower right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.