Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the pairs of opposite angles made by two intersecting lines.
- ‘In Israel, students usually prove the equality of vertical angles by the end of Grade 8 or at the beginning of Grade 9.’
- ‘Rose uses Nexo's proprietary line array-design software, GeoSoft, to calculate vertical angles for even coverage throughout the venue.’
- ‘The aiming circle is an optical instrument capable of measuring horizontal and vertical angles.’
- ‘The new ‘transflective’ display is much brighter than the T's screen - and readable at wider vertical angles.’
- ‘However, they had not been exposed in class to the notion of vertical angles or to the vertical angles theorem.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.