Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The task of keeping a software system consisting of many versions and configurations well organized.
- ‘The first two are free-software version control systems and come with many Linux distributions.’
- ‘At work at the moment I am using some version control software called Visual SourceSafe Explorer.’
- ‘The version control system is specific to Magic, the debugger is a Magic debugger, everything is Magic.’
- ‘Also, I will examine systems by which people try to institute version control, to maintain their stories against modification.’
- ‘The enterprise version runs inside the firewall and integrates with all your version control systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.