One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Changing from one color to another in different lights.
- ‘The golden domes are shining far from the distance and the versicoloured inlays are like alive.’
- ‘The cloiser was called this way for its wall-paintings, which made it versicoloured.’
- ‘The rocks are formed of versicoloured Triassic sandstone and conglomerates.’
- ‘Naturally, it is the unique web and world of Bill Frisell that pulls the versicolored elements together.’
- ‘The Rocks of Belogradchik are formed of versicoloured Triassic sandstones and conglomerates.’
Early 18th century: from Latin versicolor (from versus ‘turned’ + color ‘color’) + -ed.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.